How you can benefit from it:
- Sell video courses, lessons, consultancies and make content available only to users that paid for them;
- Build specific areas on your sites with restricting access only to members;
- Create an online magazine with posts visible only to users who purchased access to it;
- Create a private shop where only registered users can view the products;
- Offer products that can be purchased and downloaded using a credits system (for image stocks, resources, etc.);
- Offer digital resources that can be downloaded for free by members only.
A powerful tool to create restricted areas or provide access to products, pages, articles and content only to members.
Selling products with dedicated access is a great opportunity to increase your earnings: big companies like Udemy or Treehouse are living proof and they achieve a huge amount of sales volume with this business model every year. Their income is intended to grow considering the increasing number of people looking for their products.
In a completely automatic way, you could offer your users restricted and exclusive access to tailored information, like a course, videos, products, articles, downloadable files, etc.
Managing courses, services, valuable membership plans with private access, sending messages to your customers, scheduling the publication of the exclusive contents for your customers: all these actions can be easily achieved with Membership, a plugin conceived and designed to streamline the management of restricted-access products.
The reserved area is easy to use, will let you protect your content, and make it accessible only to members or to those who paid for it.
Create unlimited plans with different permission rules
Create different plans (for instance Silver, Bronze and Gold) and set the permissions for your different users based on the plan they have joined. Products can be downloaded only by members of a certain plan or members of another plan can just read the blog posts but not view the videos: there are literally unlimited combinations.
Automatically set users as members of a specific plan when they register
Create restricted access areas (posts, videos, exclusive contents) available only to registered users and automatically mark them as “members” as soon as they register into your website.
Make the shop and products accessible to members only (like on Privalia)
Create a private shop with exclusive offers for members, hide products to non-registered users or to those who do not possess a specific membership plan.
Hide pages and posts to non-members
Manage access to every section of your site and choose what needs to be shown to members. You can create restricted pages, posts that only members can read, products that only users can view or download for free.
Show a limited content (e.g. an article preview) and push users to sign up (and pay) to see the full content
Create your online newspaper-inspired business model: publish posts and contents the introduction of which can be read by everyone, but only members will be able to access the full content and bonuses (videos, podcasts, images and so on).
Use the Gutenberg block to easily set where the “Members-only” content starts
Set with one click where the content visible to everyone ends and where the members-reserved content begins, by using the Gutenberg block “Members-only content starts here” when creating a post or page. A powerful, easy and quick solution.
Allow access or file downloads (PDFs, images, audio and video files, etc.) only to members
Protect your files in the easiest way and allow only members to download digital products (like e-books) or PDF files, ZIP archives, JPG images, audio and video files and so on.
Choose what your users will see when they try to access some reserved content
You can set up an alternative content for every page, product, or post (thanks to Gutenberg blocks you can add a banner or a call to action to encourage your users to join and become members), redirect users to a specific URL or, as an alternative, show a 404 error page to those who try to access reserved contents.
Use the Alternative Content blocks to build advanced alternative content for non-members
Use the new alternative content blocks to create advanced sections and pages with Gutenberg and show them to non-members. Thanks to the flexibility offered by Gutenberg, you will be able to create banners, text, graphic sections and call-to-action buttons to push your users to become members.
Offer free shipping to your shop members
Choose the “Membership free shipping” option to offer free shipping to your members for all the orders they place through your shop.
Offer your members dedicated discounts on all the products of your shop
Do you want to give your members 10% off every product? When you create the membership plan they will join, you will find this option. You can also set up different discount percent rates for every membership plan (for example, 10% for Silver users, 20% for Gold users, and so on).
Build a credit system to allow members to download items (like stock images or digital resources)
Build a platform where you can sell products or digital resources using a credit system. Choose how many credits you want to assign to new members (based on the membership plan they are joining) and how many credits will be necessary to download one item.
You can set a default value for the entire shop or different values for specific products (e.g. some products may require 5 credits, some other products 10 credits etc.).
Use the Subscription plugin to let your users make a recurring payment in order to get access to reserved contents
The integration between Membership and Subscription is the most powerful one in our product catalog: it allows you to create reserved areas in your site and grant access to the classes of a learning course, or to receipts, products, posts, downloadable resources, videos, podcasts and so on, only to those members who have an active subscription and who are paying on a billing cycle that you can set by yourself (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually etc.).
If the subscription is not paid automatically, users will lose access to their reserved contents.
Release contents gradually
For every content in the plan, you can choose when it will be made available to your users, so you can delay their release gradually and constantly (for example, the first video will be immediately available, the second one after one week etc.)
Monitor the memberships and the downloads from the integrated dashboard
From the integrated plugin dashboard panel, you can easily monitor all the memberships created and the downloads of the resources included in every plan.
Offer your members a dedicated section in “My Account” with all their memberships
All users who have access to a specific membership plan will be able to see all the details in their reserved area in My Account, where they can also access the reserved contents and download the resources they have paid for.
A wide range of notifications for admin and members
Send a notification email to your users whenever a new membership is created, 10 days before its expiration, when the membership expires and when it is canceled.
- You can restrict the visibility of content only to users who have a membership for it
- Create unlimited memberships in your shop
- Choose one or more products through which give access to a membership plan
- Set an expiration date for every membership
- Make specific contents available to members only after a specific number of days since purchase of the membership
- Associate all contents of the site (products and posts) to specific categories and/or tags accessible to all users belonging to the same membership
- Associate two or more memberships to give users the possibility to access contents of all memberships from one account
- Variable products supported
- Make media accessible only to users belonging to a specific membership
- Free access to the contents of one or more membership plans for all the users who get registered on the site
- Possibility to protect links embedded in articles, pages and products: they will only be displayed to the owners of a specific membership
- Remove pagination in the post, if any
- Members can send messages to the admin using the widget ‘Membership – Messages’
- Dedicated admin section for all messages sent by members
- Complete history of memberships purchased so far by users
- Edit the status of a membership for every single user
- Edit the expiration date of a membership for every single user
- Dedicated area on “My account” page where all reserved contents are visible to users who have access to them
- Shortcode to add shopping cart login form
- Choose what you want to show to non-members if they try to access reserved contents:
- redirect to 404 page
- redirect users to a specific URL (can be overridden with a custom URL from every item)
- show an alternative content (can be overridden with a custom content from every item)
- Use the “Members-only content starts here” divider to partially hide the content of a post to non-members New
- Send an email automatically to users when certain conditions occur:
- membership created
- membership cancelled
- expiring membership (the email is sent 10 days before expiration date)
- expired membership New
- Show users the history of the membership in their “My Account” page
- Let non-registered users purchase a membership
- Allow users to purchase a membership with a subscription plan, thanks to the compatibility with Subscription
- Set a limited number of products to download per day/month or year
- Detailed report which allows you to check:
- number of downloads filtered by product or user
- the number of memberships currently active or activated from the plugin activation date
- Admin can edit details concerning each membership associated to a specific user:
- ID of the associated plan
- starting and expiry date
- number of the associated order
- user ID
- membership status
- number of remaining credits
- Set the number of required credits for product download (can be overridden with a custom number of credits from every membership item)
- Hide price and “Add to cart” button to members on every downloadable product
- Membership Flat Rate shipping method
- Offer free shipping on all the products of your site to users registered to one of the available membership plans
- Offer a discount on all products based on the membership plan New
- 100% compatible with Dynamic Pricing and Discounts: custom discounts for the users owning one or more membership plans
- Edit Multi Vendor membership products, limit the number of products each vendor can publish New